Friday, January 19, 2007

 

Cry Tough



Spent a little time this morning reading various blogs. After perusing the threads on Eric's SoHum blog regarding Reggae biz (he's burning out on it) and also Hank's Babylon System column from this week I surfed over to some music blogs I look at regularly. I found the painting above at Said the Gramaphone in a post about the work of the artist, Keith Warren Greiman that pairs his images with the songs that supply their titles. In this case, it's an old reggae song, Cry Tough by Alton Ellis and the Flames. It's probably against some unwritten blogging code, but I've linked to the song file. I don't think I can articulate exactly why, but something about the painting and the song seemed to resonate with what I'd read earlier.

Comments:
WE heart Alton Ellis! I just blogged him today! + Arcata seems like paradise...is it all true? is it that BEAUTIFUL? sweet blog.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?